The Carson McCullers Center for Writers and Musicians is dedicated to preserving the legacy of Carson McCullers; to nurturing American writers and musicians; to educating young people; and to fostering the literary and musical life of Columbus, the State of Georgia, and the American South.
To that end, the Center operates a museum in McCullers' childhood home in Columbus, Georgia, presents extensive educational and cultural programs for the community, maintains an ever-growing archive of materials related to the life and work of McCullers, and offers fellowships for writers and composers who live for periods of time in the Smith-McCullers home in Columbus.
- BIG NEWS: We'll be offering shuttle service for the CSU community to several events at the McCullers Center!!
- Thursday, October 22, David Diamond Reading/Recital Series
- Friday, November 7, Georgia Poetry Circuit / Charles Hanslicek
- Thursday, November 12, David Diamond Reading/Recital Series
- For each of these the shuttle will pick up on Main Campus at 6:30 and Riverpark at 7 and returning from the Center at 8:45.
- Also, on Saturday and Sunday November 1 & 2 we'll provide service for a Write-a-Thon as part of National Novel Writing Month. The house will be open to writers from 8 am to 7 pm on Saturday and 8 to 4 on Sunday. The shuttle will leave from Main Campus at these times: Saturday (7:40, 9:40, 11:40, 2:40, 4:40, 6:40) and Sunday (7:40, 9:40, 11:40, 2:40).
- The Center is very pleased to announce the recipient of the 2014 Marguerite and Lamar Smith Fellowship for Writers, Caitlin Hayes! Read more about Caitlin here.